The Executive Research Association (The ERA) is a network of search professionals promoting excellence and supporting its members in the sourcing of global talent.
The ERA was conceived in 1984, initially as an informal forum for researchers in the search industry to meet and share ideas. In 1986 the organisation was formalised into an Association managed by an industry committee, with subscription members. The ERA is now the leading Research Association in the UK and we maintain strong links with our peers in the US and on the Continent. Setting industry standards, we provide a strong networking facility to our members.
The aims of the ERA are:
- To promote an awareness of and an interest in executive search, generally, and the research function specifically, within the industry as a whole.
- To provide information about executive search and research to other industry users of our profession
- To establish a code of practice.
- To encourage and improve high standards of work.
- To promote relevant education amongst members.
- To provide a forum for ideas.
- To promote contact between people in the industry.
- To represent all its members' interests fairly.
- To act as an ombudsman in case of disputes.
The ERA Today
We are an inclusive member-run organisation covering a broad range of interests across the search industry. Members include:
- Freelance Researchers & Search Professionals
- In house Search Professionals
- Research Organisations
- Corporate Talent Management Teams
- Search Consultants
- Out Placement Firms
The ERA has held events each year including:
- Autumn Workshop
- Spring Annual Conference
- Summer AGM and Social & Networking
At each event members are able to meet other members and network.
Details of all events can be found on the events page.
How will you benefit as a Member of the ERA
- You will be able to network with other members to enhance efficiency and solve research problems.
- You will benefit from being listed on the ERA website where people outside the membership can make contact with you; you will also be able to expand your network further by being part of the ERA Group on linkedin, Twitter and other social networking sites.
- You may attend annual workshops, training, and webinars covering relevant topics with excellent speakers, which can benefit not only you but your team members.
- You will have full access to the Members' Website, including access to discussion forums, links to essential resources, job boards on the website and social networking sites.
- You will be able to join us at the AGM/Summer Social which offers members a chance to review the year, recommend improvements and act as a social event.
- For independent researchers, affiliation to an industry body gives existing and prospective clients confidence and the knowledge that standards are being practised.
For further information on joining the ERA please select the "Join the ERA" link